Sunday, September 21, 2014

ESL/EFL Discussion: Would you rather...?

This discussion activity is targeted to students who are aiming to increase their fluency through general conversation.  The lesson has pictures where the students would choose between two choices.  The lesson starts with 'Would you rather...? and continues with the choices the students would make. When I set this lesson up for the students, I explained that the pictures are merely a springboard to other conversations on the same theme.  The students seemed to understand that and followed my directions in that they did not stick to the topics.  I gave feedback on the chat box so there would be no need to interrupt the students.  This lesson can be used successfully in a virtual and a traditional classroom.  The following is a recording of the lesson I taught as a teacher at Verbling:  



No comments: