Friday, May 23, 2008

Thoughts

I've been thinking a lot this week as to why I really enjoy live online language training and I think I've figured out one reason. I'm happiest when I'm at home and when I'm with people, which is exactly what live online language training brings. Sometimes I feel like this type of training is an open house as people from many nations are coming into my home where I am the most comfortable. This past week, I have had 'visitors' from Palestine, Brazil, Japan, the USA, Germany, and several others. Most of them have met my dog and know just a little bit about me that my face to face students and colleagues have probably never seen. I am really enjoying this adventure!

1 comment:

Heike Philp said...

I totally agree with you, Holly. This was especially important for me when I returned home to Germany after having live abroad for many years. I felt I had lost the 'world' but teaching live online has meant just that and MUCH MORE. This is so great.