Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sidetracked

I started this blog a few years back to document my adventure into live online language teaching.  About 2011, I changed gears for a bit and learned about assessment as I worked as an item writer for an assessment company.  We worked as a team and developed language tests for different clients.  I worked with languages I had never heard of before then such as Amharic and Dari.  It was a great learning experience and I will forever be grateful for the chance to work with this company.  Unfortunately, my time with item writing (at least with this company) came to a close on Halloween 2012 as 70% of the team was laid off due to lack of work.  This made me take a long hard look at what I really wanted for the future and I realized that my heart and passion really was in live online language training, so I have decided to promote my company as well as start training teachers again.  We are currently in the planning stage and I will post more about what I'm planning as we have it more formalized.  Keep checking back as I begin (again) to start promoting live online language training!

Here is a blast from the past--part of my assessment for the LANCELOT certificate:


No comments: